Building Relationships through a Practical Response to Behavior
Modeled after the Positive Behavior Interventions and Supports system used in schools throughout the country, and drawing on the principles of trauma informed parenting, Reset Families will help caregivers discover a strategic approach for building strong relational connections while preparing kids to be accountable for managing their behavior.
Each 8-week session is 90 minutes of instruction and discussion:
- A social and emotional restorative approach designed for all families, with sensitivity to families who have experienced trauma
- Instruction helps caregivers create a family culture that promotes strong family connections, established routines, clear expectations, consistent feedback and consequences that are reasonable, related and restorative.
- Teaches caregivers to give consistent responses to behavior in a way that helps kids become successful self-managers.
Curriculum is designed to:
- Be used by parent educators who have received training, increasing family engagement and creating strong family-school/community partnerships.
- Help participants meet other parents and share ideas.
- Help parents discover their potential as caregivers and gain skills to increase their confidence and satisfaction with parenting.
- Connect caregivers to community resources and build a network of support
Spiral bound presenter’s manual in Spanish & English. Scripted for ease of presentation by parent leaders.